“Well, the main thing is I just wanted to have a chance to publicly say thank you, because I think Hillary will go down as one of the finest secretaries of state we’ve had. It has been a great collaboration over the last four years.”
– President Obama, on why he did a joint interview on 60 Minutes with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
“The last time Senate Democrats passed a budget, the iPad didn’t even exist.”
– Republican Senator John Thune.
“As a party, we must recognize that we live in an era of permanent politics. We must stop living nominee-to-nominee, campaign to campaign.”
– RNC Chairman Reince Priebus calling for a Republican permanent campaign.
“We’ve got to stop being the stupid party. It’s time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults. We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say we’ve had enough of that.”
– Louisiana Republican Governor Bobby Jindal.
“Romney is becoming more of an admired figure and no one gets any applause for punching him. However, there is no Romney faction or Romney wing of the GOP that is keeping the flame alive. No one tailors their policies because it was what Romney supported in the 2012 campaign.”
– GOP strategist Ed Rogers.
“I wish you the best in your future endeavors…mostly.”
– Republican Representative Steve Chabot (R-OH) to Hillary Clinton at the hearings on Benghazi.