“I hear you loud and clear, Barack Obama. You don’t represent the country that I grew up with. And your values is not going to save us. We’re going to take this country back for the Lord. We’re going to try to take this country back for conservatism. And we’re not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in!”
– Arkansas Republican state Senator Jason Rapert at a Tea Party rally in Arkansas.
“These are people who are going to have to answer to a much higher power than me about why they have appealed and appealed and appealed.”
– Ohio Republican Governor John Kasich saying critics of his JobsOhio program will have to answer to God.
“All of this, if they are infractions as they are reported, it’s too bad.”
– Democrat Senator Frank Lautenberg on the controversy surrounding Senator Robert Menendez’s trips to the Dominican Republican and prostitutes.
“You’re on your own. Good luck.”
– Former Republican Senator John Warner concluding his testimony in support of Chuck Hagel’s nomination as defense secretary.
“I think video games is a bigger problem than guns, because video games affect people.”
– Republican Senator Lamar Alexander.