– Republican Senator Richard Burr in the middle of a long, contentious confirmation hearing for John Brennan as CIA Director.
“If she wants to get on a plane and come here to New Jersey and asks me if she wants to examine me and review my medical history, I’ll have a conversation with her about that. Until that time she should shut up.”
– Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie responding to a former White House doctor who said he was at risk of dying in office because of his weight.
“I say to all the late night guys, all of them have their shots with me, as long as they’re funny I don’t mind… If you’re going to be thin-skinned about that stuff in this job then you’re not going to last long.”
– Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie about fat jokes.
“It’s not a serious story, guys. It’s not a burp. It’s barely a fart.”
– California Democratic Governor Jerry Brown on Texas Governor Rick Perry’s radio ad trying to lure California business to his state.
“I would have kicked his ass.”
– Democrat Christine Quinn on if she had run for mayor in New York City against Rudy Giuliani in 1992.
“My greatest fear in the state of Maine: newspapers. I’m not a fan of newspapers.”
– Maine Republican Governor Paul LePage.
“As the saying goes, I have big heels to fill.”
– Secretary of State John Kerry thanking predecessor Hillary Clinton.
“Anybody on the Republican side even thinking or talking about running for president in 2016, I’ve said, needs to get their head examined. And the reason I say that is, we’ve lost two presidential elections in a row, we need to be winning the debate of ideas, then we’ll win elections.”
— Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal