– Republican Representative Jimmy Duncan of Tennessee.
“The idea of a grand bargain is at best on life support. It seems like both sides are beginning to retreat to their own talking points. This may be good politics, but it doesn’t put us any closer to having our fiscal house in order.”
– Erskine Bowles unveiling a new plan to cut the federal debt.
“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”
– Alabama state Republican Representative Mary Sue McClurkin defending her sweeping anti-abortion bill.
“Yes, I’m Teddy Turner. You can’t pick your parents.”
– Republican Teddy Turner trashing his dad every chance he gets to show voters of the 1st Congressional District he’s not some tree-hugging lefty — or worse yet, Jane Fonda’s son.
“We have fallen into a trap of believing the world revolves around Washington.”
– Louisiana Republican Governor Bobby Jindal on what ails the Republican party.
“It strikes me as unlikely – I’ll take a Paul Ryan position, it’s not on my current list.”
– Newt Gingrich on whether he’ll run for president again.