“I can tell you the hurricane didn’t come at the right time.”
– Mitt Romney on the impact of Hurricane Sandy on last year’s presidential election.
“Were you raising your hand or flirting with me?”
– Anthony Weiner noting the “off-the-cuff comment drew laughter — if slightly uncomfortable — from the largely positive crowd.”
“There are a lot of Republicans that I know are not proud of this period that they’re going through. I predict the end of the Republican Party, maybe not in my lifetime, but soon.”
– Democrat Representative Charlie Rangel.
“I don’t know the cost for the special election and I don’t care.”
– New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie announcing a special U.S. Senate election that falls just weeks ahead of the November gubernatorial election
“Women are sending unsolicited images to my husband in an attempt to break up our marriage. I will not turn a blind eye to it.”
– The wife of Alabama Republican state Senator Shadrack McGill complaining about the ‘behind the scenes’ garbage that political life brings.
“Of course, the enemies list out of the White House that IRS was engaged in shutting down or trying to shut down the conservative political viewpoint across the country — an enemies list that rivals that of another president some time ago.”
– Republican Representative Hal Rodgers.