“In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out.”
– Texas state Republican Representative Jody Laubenberg arguing that a bill restricting abortion needed no exemptions for case of rape.
“What’s infuriating here is… Putin of Russia aiding and abetting Snowden’s escape. The bottom line is very simple. Allies are supposed to treat each other in decent ways, and Putin always seems almost eager to put a finger in the eye of the United States.”
– Democrat Senator Charles Schumer on reports that NSA leaker Edward Snowden traveled to Moscow.
“If I lose, I lose. I don’t want to stop being a senator to be senator.”
– Republican Senator Lindsey Graham on not making politically calculated votes prior to his 2014 re-election bid.
“These extreme right-wing nutsies think of everything.”
– New York Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo on news that he was being targeted by a “death ray.”
“From the amount of obesity in this country, by people we’re told do not have enough to eat, it does seem like we can have a debate about this issue without allegations about wanting to slap down or starve children.”
– Republican Representative Louie Gohmert on the debate for funding food stamps.
“Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.”
– Michigan Republican state Representative Lisa Posthumus Lyons voicing her opposition to a proposal that would offer employment assistance to staff members of closed schools.
“I’m not a Republican, though people often mistake me for one.”
– Sean Hannity.