“This is like going from crazy to crazier. Threatening to shut down the government is like playing with fire. Threatening to default on our debt obligations is the economic equivalent of playing with nuclear weapons. For the cooler heads in the GOP, this has to be raising all sorts of alarm bells.”
– Democrat Representative Chris Van Hollen on using the debt limit to force the defunding of Obamacare.
“The Democratic Party, it’s not dead like some people think it is.”
– Democrat Senator Mark Pryor.
“As a woman, initially I was interested in Quinn. It became clear to me that, you know as a woman, you can’t just vote your vagina.”
– Actress Susan Sarandon endorsing Bill de Blasio over Christine Quinn in the New York mayoral race.
“There’s room for people who believe in bigger government in our party.”
– Republican Senator Rand Paul taking a swipe at New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.
“It simply means I was invited to a wingding, and I think anything in Iowa makes a wingding out of a wingding, and that is all it is.”
– Democrat Senator Amy Klobuchar saying no one should assume she’s interested in running for president because of a trip to Iowa.